Updated: Nov 4, 2019
Steam is something we all run into daily. Whether it’s at the hair salon, the boiling of water on the stove, in the shower,or in a humidifier. Steam is beneficial to our daily use when used in a healthy manner. Before I became an esthetician I can’t say that I intentionally steamed my face but I do know that it was steamed daily in the shower due to the steam coming from the water. Over the years it’s truly made my skin healthy and radiant. Go figure, when I’m trying I can't do anything healthy as it relates to my diet and some skin practices but when I’m not even trying my actions are increasing my health. It’s a win either way I look at it.
If you haven’t tried to steam your face then girlfriend this blog post is for you. Before I jump into any of the benefits take a look at your skin right now and ask yourself, could my elasticity in my skin be firmer, does my skin look a bit dull? If you answered yes to any of those questions then it’s time you tried something different to get different results. Trust me you’ll love me for it. In two weeks you’ll definitely see a noticeable difference in the texture and radiance of your skin. As mentioned there are many benefits to steaming your face regularly however I’m only going to leave you with 6 of the top benefits to steaming your face.
Why is it Beneficial to Steam my face?
1. Improves Circulation. Steam loosens the muscles in your face and helps your skin breathe which allows the blood to flow freely. The increase of circulation in your face is the reason many will compliment you on the glow factor in your skin.
2. Cleanses your pores. Many causes to acne and breakouts are clogged pores. Our pores clog due to the fact that we are not exfoliating the skin and the production of sebum (oil production in the skin) increases daily. Steam allows for your pores to dilate which releases all the bacteria trapped inside the pore. That in itself is making your skin healthier.
3. Allows products to penetrate deeply into the skin. As mentioned in the previous benefit once the pores are dilated and cleansed this also allows your skincare products to work at the optimal levels. The products then penetrate deeply into the skin and go beneath the surface to make the magic happen that you will see in a short period of time.
4. Increases Elastin and Collagen production. Everyone wants firmer skin. That’s why babies are so adorable because their skin is so firm and beautiful. Steam increases the elastin and collagen production which are the fibers in the skin that gives your skin that younger, firmer appearance.
5. Hydrates the skin. Steam gives you an added level of moisture which balances out the oil production in the skin so that it does not produce more oil than necessary.
6. It's Relaxing. Who doesn’t want to feel relaxed? I can’t think of one person that says "yessss bring on the stress." Steaming your face relaxes your skin, the muscles in your face and also overall relaxes you.
Bonus: It also helps with sinus congestion. I suffer with my sinuses on the regular so steaming my face has helped me tremendously in this area. If you have sinus issues you should also feel a huge difference in your sinsues after you finish steaming your face.
Steam your face at least once a week to start reaping the benefits. You’ll thank me later. Leave me a comment below to let me know how it going for you.
I use affiliante links on this blog. That means if you make a purchase through these links, Makei Beauty will earn a small commission. This commission is in no way added to the price you pay for any of the items purchased through these links. You are helping to support Makei Beauty if you choose to make your purchase through theses links.